Carrick-on-Suir Business Association are delighted to endorse the positive approach by the Municipal District Council in trying to kick start the relaunch of our Town Centre, post-Covid 19. In particular, the expansion of the street pavement in two areas: on Main Street and in Kiersey Place to facilitate outdoor dining should help to bring life and added footfall to the street. The ‘Stop and collect’ scheme along with the 3-hour free parking in St Nicholas’ car park are well worth a try and will need to be reviewed after the Summer. Other steps to be taken by the Council include:
- Improve the appearance of run-down properties.
- Brighten up vacant premises with bright imagery.
- Source locations for additional bicycle stands in the town.
- Place electronic signage at entry points to the town encouraging people to support local businesses.
- Work with local media to promote local businesses and services.