- Work has now commenced on the upgrade of the Heritage Centre in Carrick on Suir to turn it into a State of the art Interpretation centre to showcase the history of Carrick-on-Suir & its people.
- In 2017 , the Carrick on Suir Development Association (COSDA) through their membership of the Carrick on Suir Tourist & Economic Development Committee & along with Munster Vales secured funding for the architectural design, & planning permission to carry out much needed upgrading & restoration work to the building.
- As part of this funding award , COSDA have also prepared a state of the art interpretation plan which will showcase the History of Carrick on Suir & its people.
- This new Visitors Centre will provide a new interactive experience to all who visit & a comprehensive marketing plan will be in place to entice more visitors to the town , by linking up with all of the other key Tourist Initiatives in the area – Suir Blueway ,Ormond Castle , Waterford Greenway, Munster Vales & Linguan Valley.
- While this vital work is being completed , the Visitor Information Office has now relocated to the Civic Offices on New Street for the summer months , opening hours will be Monday – Friday 9.30AM to 4.30PM.
- Regretfully , the Heritage Centre Displays will not be viewable to the public during this tourist season.
- The Farmers market will take place each Friday as usual in the grounds of the Heritage Centre for the summer.
- As with any project of this size , significant fund raising will be required to allow this project to be completed – if you are interested in finding out how you can donate & support this project , please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
Below are some images & an animated video of how the new Heritage Centre may look , once work is completed