Medieval Carrick had defensive walls, gates and mural towers to protect its citizens. Little survives except for a
100m section of town wall at the northeast corner of its original circuit. The 16th century tower house at West
Gate was part of the original defences. A wine merchant named Gallwey who lived in Ormond Castle paid
for the town clock to be installed in the tower in 1784.

Address

Our Address:

W Gate Carrickbeg Carrick-On-Suir Co. Tipperary

GPS:

52.34662549243227, -7.414517352222219

Telephone:

-

Email:

-

Web:

-